Monday, March 06, 2006

TLC

My blog is lookin' like it needs some. Outdated links in my blogpal sidebar, last FO very old, very few recent posts/pics... the list goes on and on. I haven't even been commenting very much on others' blogs. Agh. Sorry 'bout that gals. Truly sorry.

On a brighter note, I have been knitting my little heart away. Unfortunately I'm finding myself spread between so many projects that I'm unable to finish much, but I'm OK with that. That seems to be my catchphrase lately, "I'm OK with it." I don't think that's such a bad thing, seeing as I'm sooooooo self-critical. Yay me. I'm thinking I need to actually start on something for Project Spectrum. Tonight I will search for something and decide.

Now, a little thought/story:

When I first started reading blogs everyone was making Clapotis. I wanted one, but didn't know enough at the time to make myself one. Once I knew enough, I felt I had truly missed the boat and thought I could live without La Clappy. Every time I see other late-comers finish her off, I really really want one for myself again. Now, I'm really against bandwagonning to a fault, which is probably the real reason why I haven't just bitten the bullet and cast on for her, but I think sometime soon she will make an appearance on my needles. Don't hold me to it, but don't be surprised.

Speaking of needles... I've got a finished dishcloth in a totally new pattern to me! I'll post a pic for you once I take one. I also think I'm about ready to start the short row toe on my sock -- almost there! I don't even care about the second sock at this point, I just want to get one done and on my foot... that's assuming it's not too small :s. I've been trying it on as best I can and it's either gonna be perfect or a bit tight, but I don't care either way... say it with me now, "I'm OK with it." What else, as always I've been working on Jenn's Gryffindor scarf (YIKES). I've also been working on her baby blanket and am halfway through the second repeat of the interlocking hearts motif. It's not very easy to see since I did it in veregated, but I don't care. We'll know that they're there and that's enough cuz it's like we know that there's love in the blanket, but it's not super obvious. Kinda neat actually. Speaking of this baby, it's gonna be a boy! Wait, I think I said that already didn't I. Well, if I did, I did and if I didn't, now you know. It's kind of a good thing since I still have all the leftovers from Logan knitting. Oh, and I cast on for another granny cloth. I think I'm gonna stop mentioning when I start a dishcloth, I feel it is slightly boring, but I still need to finish a bunch for that girl at work. Well, that's all I've got for now. I'll try to take some pics tonight. Mwah!

3 Comments:

At 3/06/2006 4:20 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

Mwah - go you girl!!

 
At 3/06/2006 6:45 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Love that "I'm OK with that" attitude . . . I'll have to try that one out myself!! In fact, I have dirty dinner dishes in the sink, but I'm reading your blog instead of washing them . . and I'm OK with that!! Your blog is a million times more fun. :) Hey, maybe you and I can do a "so behind the fad" Along . . . . after we do Clapotis, we can try Jaywalkers. Tee hee. We might be the only two who haven't knit either (you didn't Jaywalk when I wasn't looking, did you???) Oh, and keep mentioning the dishclothes, okay - we are never bored of hearing about them. MWAH

 
At 3/06/2006 10:46 PM, Blogger Olga said...

Not so fast, girls! You're not the only two... I haven't knit either Clapotis or Jaywalkers! I'm in for a Jenny-come-lately clapotis-along, maybe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home