Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Ok, I have been trying to post some lovely pictures for the last TWO days and they won't friggen post. I was able to upload one of them, but it disappears the second I start to type. So, my apologies, I again don't have the pictures that I NEED to show you all.

(Imagine picture here of my Secret Pal Package)
Here is my first package from my fabulous secret pal 7. In it she sent so many wonderful things and I couldn't be happier! There was some Paton's Classic Merino in bright pink and purple, a set of DPNs in size 6, the current issue of IK (yipee!), a pattern book with great quick patterns (I forget the exact title since I am without pictures right now and it's at home and I'm at work...), some purple Matrix yarn, a couple balls of mercarized cotton yarn for some dishcloths, 3 balls of some gorgeous lilac alpaca, lovely knitting notecards, and two skeins of Lorna's Laces in the Green Valley colourway. Lorna's Laces, even in superwash wool, is so soft! I think I love it. I think that was everything, but I might be forgetting something since there was so much! Thank you for everything Secret Pal, for the wonderful gifts, but mostly for being such a caring person with so many kind words for me whenever I need them. I hope you have a great day!
(Imagine picture here of some gorgeous handspun)
Here we have some Nevermore yarn from Amy's Etsy shop that I purchased for myself. It is called Betta Fish and is a gorgeous blend of various natural fibers with a nylon filament spun in for shimmer. It is a gorgeous blend of purples and blues and I can't wait to knit it up into a lovely scarf. It turned out that she lives in the same city as I do so that's extra cool! I paid her shipping cause I figured it was only fair since gas costs money too and I got a pretty little package hand delivered to my mailbox, but inside was a beautiful mini skein in pinks, greys, and purples to cover the extra money I paid. Definitely not expected or necessary! I would recommend her to anyone!
(Imagine picture here of about 3.5 inches of my very first SOCK!)
Yessiree, Bob, that's a sock! It's a nice big, thick hunting sock for Davin, since I promised him a pair since I started knitting. The cuff went rather quickly since it was ribbed, but now that I'm on the stockinette it's pretty tight knit, so it's going a bit slower. I'm using a generated pattern from the Sock-u-Lator, knit cuff down. I can't wait to get to the fun parts!
I've also been working on Jenn's baby blankie. I'm now on the second repeat and I've switched to the other colour. This is one bold and tacky blanket, but she'll love it. I guess it's not really too tacky, just wild. And, as always, I've been working on my dishcloths. I did finish one within Show Your FO week, but I'd already posted pics of an identical one, so I figured there was little point. Plus I was wallowing in a pool of self pity due to having little knitting time and wanting to cast on for something new (counterproductive, ain't I?).
I would like to thank all my great blog pals who have been so supportive to me lately. You are all endlessly kind.

7 Comments:

At 2/07/2006 10:54 AM, Anonymous Nancy said...

Even without the visual aids it looks like you got some neat things form your Pal. And congrats on the sock - I start my first one tomorrow at SnB!

 
At 2/07/2006 11:29 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Alright, missy, why didn't you let me know you had a FO????? I'm putting a 1 FO next to you name now - because you did finish it in FO Week, even if you kept it a secret!! Don't forget to e-mail your address so I can send out your Thank You too! I'm glad you got such a wonderful package from your Secret Pal . . . even if darn Blogger doesn't want us to see it. Have fun with the sock, trust me, they are very addicting!!

 
At 2/07/2006 12:13 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

oooh, I'm imagining your sock, and it looks GREAT!!

 
At 2/07/2006 1:19 PM, Blogger candsmom said...

You're pretty descriptive, so making that visual leap to imagination wasn't too difficult. ;-) Your SP package sounds wonderful!! Lorna's Laces is heavenly... I have two hanks that I haven't knit with yet because I keep petting them obsessively. And your sock looks gorgeous! ;-) Can't wait to see that one for-real- socks are so fun! Hope all is well with you- I've been thinking about you... take care, Talitha! :-)

 
At 2/08/2006 12:12 AM, Blogger Cerella said...

I'm soo glad that you are back Talitha! I've missed ya!

 
At 2/09/2006 11:33 AM, Blogger Lolly said...

Your descriptions are great! Hope the pictures work soon - that can be frustrating!

 
At 2/09/2006 4:45 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

I've been having problems posting pictures, too. Blogger hasn't let me post any for , hmm... close to a week. You're not the only one, don't give up hope!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home