Monday, January 09, 2006

Secret Pal Seven Questionnaire!

Ok, I already did this, but Blogger ate it. Excellent!!!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
- I'm a ghetto knitter, so I cannot be a yarn snob. I knit with stuff from Michaels or WalMart most of the time. Of course, I'd rather knit with higher quality, but what can ya do? I use Red Heart, but Lion Brand is mondo expensive in Canada.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
- I don't do either. I was taught how to crochet when I was little, but I forget how to now. I hope to reteach myself sometime here so I can use it to compliment some of my knitting projects.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
- I got a cute little fabric roll for my needles from WalMart. The fabric looks vintage French and it has doggies on it. I do like those felted needle vases though.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
- I would say I'm an enthusiastic beginner and/or intermediate. I never look at a pattern and say that's too hard and if there's a new technique I need to learn, then all the better! That's what I love about knitting: nothing is out of reach.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have a wishlist on Knitpicks. I can tell you what email it's under if you'd like. I don't have an Amazon list though.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
- I really like things like orchid, lily, light musk, berries, etc. The only things I really stay away from are really strong florals and spicy scents such as sandalwood or cinnamon.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
- I absolutely have a sweet tooth! I have to be careful though because I have Celiac disease, which means that I can't have any wheat flour, oats, or barley. It sounds simple, but it's hidden in a lot of things so I always have to read the ingredients to make sure. My favorite candy is anything sour, but particularly sour soothers and Super Sour Dweebs (I don't know if these still exist, but they're made by Wonka, I can't get them here anyway).

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
- I like to handmake anything that can be handmade. I like to make decorations, gift tags/cards, craft painting, etc. I'm just generally crafty.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
- I like all kinds of music for the most part. In any given day I will listen to pop, rock, country, rap, classical, dance, and jazz. I'm just a big music fan in general. And my computer as well as my truck can play MP3s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
- I prefer cool colours with my favorites being purple, blue and pink. I am also starting to favor lighter greens such as sage. I really can't pull off browns or reds.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
- My family's situation is that they're all stark raving mad!!! He he, I live with my fiance, our English Springer Spaniel named Drake, and 3 hermit crabs (Kozmo, Hudini, and Tiny).

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
- It gets cold in these parts so I wear a lot of scarves, hats and mittens. I don't own any ponchos because I prefer a shawl or stole as they're more versatile and dramatic.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
- My favorite so far is Luxury Alpaca Silk (70% alpaca, 30% silk). It is so soft that it feels like it's softening your hands as you knit. I'm also really enjoying Manos del Uruguay because of the variations in colour and thickness. I'm really happy with anything alpaca.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
- I can't handle really scratchy wool as it itches my skin and really stiff acrylic sucks.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
- Knitting for babies since I have so many popping up around me. I also like to do really nice scarves. I'm starting to really enjoy lace, but not frogging it.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
- Absolutely everything that's not boring. I love adventure!

17. What are you knitting right now?
- Are you ready? I mean, truly ready? Ok, a Gryffindor scarf, a baby blanket, a Noddy and a Big Ears stuffed toy, an airy scarf in a mohair blend, a Patons Pooch scarf, a "My So Called Scarf" in Manos, at least one dishcloth, a yoga mat bag, and I think that may be it.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
- Of course I do, but I also like to receive the supplies to make things myself.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
- It depends on the project, but it it's something that doesn't need to be done in the round or that isn't huge like a blanket, I use straight needles since I knit English and it's nice to rest the one needle while I wrap the stitch.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
- I don't have any plastic, but I use both bamboo and aluminum depending on the material I'm knitting with.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
- Here's my ball winding process: I stretch the skein out with one end on each of my feet and then roll it Nostepinne-style on a paper towel roll. So, no I don't have a yarn winder or swift and yes, that's an emphatic wish for them.

22. How did you learn to knit?
- I decided I wanted to learn so I searched and searched on the internet (in all the wrong places apparently) for how to do it and when I couldn't find anything satisfactory, I went to WalMart and bought a little book/pamphlet that taught me.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
- About 4 months old I think. It's a yoga mat bag that got ditched in favor of Christmas and baby knitting.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
- I love Disney cartoons, especially Nemo and the Princess ones. My absolute favorite is Cinderella! I love all animals, but especially dogs, cats, and horses.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
- Christmas, by far and hands down.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
- Not really. I do have an extensive collection of lip gloss and shiny lipsticks in a light rose colour.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
- Creative Knitting and I think I have Knit One coming, too.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
- For books, I'd like Stitch 'N' Bitch (the first one, cuz I have SnBNation already) and a good sock book, for yarns, anything nice, needles, I'd like to try Lantern Moon (I can always use extra size US 7s and 8s in 10") as well as Addi Turbos for Magic Loop, and for patterns, I've been looking for a really nice shawl or stole that's not too grammaish.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
- Absolutely! I want to learn how to do Magic Loop for socks, cables, and Fair Isle.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
- I will be soon! I just went out and bought my first sock yarn a sock sized DPNs for a pair for Davin. My feet are between a size 5 and 6 and are just a smidge over 8 inches long.
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
- June 18th (same day as Sir Paul!).

Ok, lets hope this works this time cuz I do NOT want to fill it out for a 3rd time!

2 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 2:45 PM, Blogger Talitha said...

Apparently Blogger didn't eat it, I just posted it to January 2005. I'm soooo smrt.

 
At 1/24/2006 4:52 PM, Blogger Shelby said...

Hi!! Thanks for posting your SP7 questionnaire! I hope you have a blast spoiling your pal, and have fun getting spoiled by yours!!

Shelby

 

Post a Comment

<< Home