Thursday, January 26, 2006

I'm cloth crazy!

Here is the finished Baby Fern Dishcloth. I finished it awhile ago and it has just been sitting, waiting to be revealed. I noticed a problem with the pattern about 2/3 of the way through. there is a P1, K1, P1 border on either side of all the fern eyelet patterns on every one except the right hand side. So, if anyone ever makes this pattern, simply cast on an extra 3 stitches and before you K2 tog on the even rows do a P1, K1, P1. Simple. I've cast on already for a second one (5/12!) and have also completed another granny cloth and am more than halfway through another. I figure that's pretty good, seeing as I don't have much time on my hands right now. I'm STILL working on the Gryffindor scarf. You can all just assume as long as I don't send a giant newflash out that I've finished it, that I haven't. That's the last I say about that until I finish it.

Yesterday, I got home from a 3 hour ballet class to find this waiting for me:

I was expecting quite a few packages this week and this was the first to get to me. I sat and stared at the pretty package for awhile and then carefully cut a slit in the top to preserve its beauty. I expected one of the items inside, but certainly not anything else. Here is what greeted me:


All of this came from Lynda over at Knit Together... Wonderfully Made, just because. I expected the Knit Picks Shimmer, because we had arranged that it would come live with me since she wasn't really loving it (and I was!), but all the other wonderful things are just her being the fabulous woman that she is. I had to sneak the wonderful package back into this photo because it really brightened my day! So, we have there Knit Picks Shimmer in Stained Glass, a wonderful card and postcard, one of her buttons and a stitch marker/charm, yummy yummy lipgloss (*drool*), a Whitman's Chocolate sampler that makes me think of Alice in Wonderland (yes, I did just take one bite out of each, I wouldn't want to be too big or too small!), and some gorgeously scented hand cream (for my knitting callous of course!). Thank you so much again, Lynda, your kindness is most appreciated!

I've cast on for a nice spring scarf in the Shimmer, we'll see how it goes. I've been doing some secret online shopping for my SP and plan to go physically shopping for her on Saturday. I'm pretty excited about that. Well, its back to the grindstone for me!

P.S. Happy birthday, Mozart (don't people usually stop counting birthdays after they die, and if not should we be counting the years since he died instead of adding them on top of his living years? I mean like we could say, "Happy 35th Birthday and Happy 215th Anniversary of your Decomposition!" Just a thought.)!

6 Comments:

At 1/26/2006 9:56 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

I'm so glad you finally got your package! It took forever to get to you - I was afraid it was lost! Glad it brightened your day... and can't wait to see what you do with the shimmer!

 
At 1/26/2006 2:06 PM, Blogger Cerella said...

I love your baby fern dishcloth! How beautiful!
You got some really cool stuff from Lynda!
You're a lucky girl!

 
At 1/26/2006 3:59 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Well, if anyone deserves a nice surprise in the mail - it would certainly be you!!! How nice to find something lovely waiting for you. Your dishcloths are zipping right along - I love that baby fern!!!!

 
At 1/26/2006 8:28 PM, Blogger candsmom said...

Your fern dishcloth looks lovely with that lace pattern. And what a wonderful package from Lynda!! I'm so happy for you- you certainly deserve some mail love! I'm using Shimmer right now for Kiri and am loving the softness of the alpaca and silk. How sweet that she included hand cream- I'd forgotten about that callous. ;-) You're too funny about the whole "anniversary of Mozart's decomposition" bit!! Isn't it weird how we reverse birthday counting once someone dies?? Take care, Talitha! :-)

 
At 1/27/2006 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great surprise! Hope your day is going well.

 
At 1/27/2006 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry -- guess I should have signed that. -- Your Secret Pal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home