Sunday, December 18, 2005

Sunday, Sunday

I didn't get much knitting done this weekend. We got a call around 3:30 PM Friday afternoon that they were calling all the family in to say goodbye to Davin's grampa. So, we were there most of the night Friday and then we had to be in a town about 45 minutes away from here for a Christmas party. We stayed overnight there and then drove back Saturday and spent more time with family as Grampa passed early Sat. afternoon. The rest of my time was spent with family and doing some Christmas shopping. It is sad to see Grampa go, but he lived a wonderful life and imparted so much love, skill, wisdom and laughter on us all, so I can't really begrudge his death. He was a wonderful man and I'm happy I was able to spend the 3 years with him that I did.

Anyway, I started a Brazillian Panta headband for my sister's Christmas present (as pointed out by the lovely gal at Unravelled blog). Here is the progress shot so far, it's about 1/3 done. It's not that red, but actually a really dark burgundy. While doing this I decided to revert back to my original method of purling, even though it means wrapping the stitch the wrong way. In the end, everything looks far prettier.


In other news, Jenn's scarf is still no where near being finished. I present Exhibit A:




For real.

Here is a progress shot of the baby hat that I'm making to go with the booties (which I think I have to remake again, he came out 21 inches long!) that I knit and the sweater that my MIL bought for Logan. Oh yeah, the baby was finally born on the 14th. His name is Logan and he's definitely a man. Without a doubt. I'm happy, but very anxious to meet him, which probably won't happen until summer seeing as they live halfway across the country from us.


I purchased two new knitting mags in the midst of my Christmas shopping this weekend, the January issue of Creative Knitting and the inaugural issue of Vogue Knitting's Knit Simple. My review of Knit Simple is that it has some neat patterns and ideas in it, some of which were really impractical like the fake bear skin rugs made out of like 32 balls of fun fur (I think I can get a real bear pelt for cheaper). I would buy this magazine again, but it is far too pricey for what you end up getting ($7.99 CAD). Here is a pic of the cover with my Creative Knitting behind it


Well, that's that for now. I bid thee adieu, as does Drake in his best sleepy crocogator pose.


5 Comments:

At 12/19/2005 10:23 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I'm so sorry to hear abut Davin's grandfather. I know you are at peace with it, but it's still hard and difficult to say good-bye.

 
At 12/20/2005 2:27 AM, Blogger candsmom said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Davin's grandpa, Talitha. It must be such a difficult time for all of you. I'm so glad that you have such wonderful memories of him, though, and that you were able to spend so much time with him. I'm happy that you're able to remember all the good times with him, but I know that it doesn't make letting go any easier. Take good care...Love, C.

 
At 12/20/2005 3:16 PM, Blogger Cerella said...

My sympathies are with you and Davin's family for the loss of his grandpa. Death is never an easy thing to deal with but at least it eases our minds that our loved ones are no longer in any pain and are at peace. I'm coming up to Canada tomorrow so I'm trying to get packed and the house straightened up before we leave. We always TRY to leave sometime around 9am but then end up leaving between 12pm and 3pm. Oh well. :) Take care! Cerella

 
At 12/20/2005 3:19 PM, Blogger keohinani said...

how sudden...at least you all had time with him and surrounded him with your love. best wishes to the family & friends in this difficult time.
on a lighter note, you have great taste in color :) i hope jingle drake isn't all jingled out! five more days!

 
At 12/22/2005 7:33 PM, Blogger knittinmom said...

So sorry about your honey's grampa. Although it's nice when someone has had a full, happy life and touched so many others.

I keep seeing your comments on my favorite blogs, so I thought I'd stop by! I'll be back...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home