Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Post, post, post, post...

I guess you can't hear it, but in my head was the "charge" song thing. You know what I'm talking about. Dah, dah, dah, dah dah dah -- POST! Anyway, I figured I better post if my head was telling me to.

You know you're an obsessive knitter when:

- Upon considering auditioning for the next play at school the first thing that came into my head was, "Oh no, will I still have time to finish my Christmas knitting?"

Sick.

Oh and did I mention sick? I actually had all but decided against it when some glorious soul assured me and my knitting that rehearsals won't really get started until AFTER Christmas. Sigh. So I can have both my loves... excellent. You see, they don't look too well on not being in the productions when you're a PERFORMANCE major. Lol.

Major snowstorm here in Skatch. Luckily where I am isn't getting most of it, only 2-4 inches oh sorry for all you metric people 7-10 cm I think. I hope the coming of snow will spur me on to finish many more projects. Davin's already begun asking when I'm putting up the Christmas decorations and yes that's my fiance, not a child.

Speaking of finishing projects, I cannot express to myself or anyone how proud of myself I am over this last weekend. Not only did I finish 3 projects (small ones, but still), but I taught myself how to use DPNs. Not a small feat, I tell ya. So, of course I'm sitting last night thinking hmmm I only have like 4 projects on the needles, that's sooooo not enough. Lol. So I cast on for a Crisscross scarf pattern that I found somewhere in blogland I think. I realized as I picked up the pattern however that it does not say how many to cast on. Sooooo... I could not be bothered to NOT start this scarf so I look down and see that the gauge should be 24 stitches in patt. should = 4". And the scarf is supposed to be a finished 4 inches wide! Oh my brilliant powers of deduction I laud thee. Anyway, did a couple repeats of the pattern and it's looking pretty good. Not perfect, but it's in a mohair so really it's not that big of a deal if it's not completely perfect. Plus the stitches that you cross over are huge so it's hard to get them exactly right. Oh excuses... it really looks fine anyway. Plus I think I paid 3 dollars for the yarn so who really cares.

At this point I would like to talk about a couple of my FOs, in case you've forgotten. The Christmas hanging towel is my Frankenstein. I took the "feather and fan" (although my YOs were lost in translation) pattern off the yarn band and the pattern for the hanging part of it off a pattern database. I like the finished product although the whole incident with using the second ball of yarn backwards produced an unsightley pattern in the towel. One morning I woke up and this once UFO told me it wanted to hang from the oven so it could smell all my wonderful Christmas baking and what could I do but acquiesce? The snowflake button on it is sparkly which just makes the project, let me tell you. I love sparkles. Tom was my very first KAL project off the Monthly Dishcloth KAL. It turned out quite well, even if it is a month late for my turkey day ;). And the bib is for my soon to be neice or nephew. It hurt my hands to knit because the needles were so small and pokey. Enough about all that though. I think my urge to post has been sated.

2 Comments:

At 11/08/2005 2:08 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Maybe you could combine knitting and rehersals - if you have some scenes that your not in, there's bound to be some down time!!! My best friend is a director, and one of the crew had to sit just offstage in the dark waiting for a cue. He learned to knit and did scarves to keep from getting bored. Always thought that was a cute story!!

 
At 11/09/2005 3:35 PM, Blogger keohinani said...

aloha from hawaii! cool, you're from canada. funny how blogging bridges the gap between such far places.
yes, the trials and tribulations of having dogs around the house. cockers are such sweethearts, though!
you're quite a busy bee! and pursuing a doctorate in traditional chinese medicine, huh? cool beans!
see you in blogland! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home