Tuesday, November 29, 2005

My knitting is getting to me!

So, I just went to touch my lip with my fingertip and it felt really really rough and hard. So I feel my fingertip with my thumbtip and then my thumbnail pressed into it -- it's a callous! A KNITTING callous. Wow. I guess that means I'm officially a knitter now. I kinda feel special (and that's not sarcasm either!). He he.

Last night I cast on another little project as I need to knit a cloth for each of my two professors. The one prof gave us a writing exercise where we had to write something about a pear so I'm knitting him a pear dishcloth. The other prof was not as easy to "shop" for so I used an online program to create an "Om" graph pattern that will soon be a dish/washcloth as well. I figure I'll wrap the cloths around a votive or soap bar and wrap a nice little bow around and that'll be good. The only reason I'm even giving them anything is because I found the pear pattern and thought it was too perfect to pass up and seeing as it's a small faculty if I give one prof a Christmas gift and not the other there will be hell to pay. Beware the wrath of a male actor/dancer/choreographer/yogi!!! Today's been slow and boring. One hour and ten minutes left in the work day and then I have to do some running around and go to yoga class. Sometimes I think that having a scheduled yoga class goes against the whole yogic way of life. Something about fitting scheduled relaxation and meditation into an already jam packed schedule seems ummm just not right. I dunno, I could be wrong, cuz really if it wasn't scheduled I'd never go instead of only going half the time. Schmeh.

4 Comments:

At 11/30/2005 3:10 AM, Blogger candsmom said...

A knitting callous is definitely something to aspire to! That's a LOT of knitting, missy! Your dishcloths sound really cute. I like that they're personalized, too. I'm sure your profs will love them, especially with all the thought that went into them. And the scheduled yoga thing does sound kind of contrary, but I'm just impressed that you do yoga, period! Maybe I'll give it a shot again next year. :-)

 
At 11/30/2005 7:54 AM, Blogger Karen said...

You are so funny, you always give me a little giggle. I agree with Chris - even if "scheduled yoga" is a bit of a contradiction - if it gets you doing healthy yoga, so be it. I was so good at exercising last week on my first week of freedom - this week the lazies have set in. So bad.

I know your professors will love the knitted gifts. You are so sweet!!!

 
At 11/30/2005 2:44 PM, Blogger keohinani said...

wow...knitting callouses, huh? i have callouses from lifting, but none from knitting...i don't think??? there might be, but my hands are so calloused already that i pretty much don't notice.
i'm beginning to think knitted gifts this year is a bit much. i'm so anxious! i might have to revise my gift list because i'm getting ridiculously anxious about it all. doesn't help this is the first christmas i decided to do it and i didn't really plan for it...oy.
that was a funny funny story about your friend and the singing for the Queen of England! makes me wanna see the video ;) and yah, i thought it was stupid about the camera thing. i actually took advantage of the fact that a guy next to me was taking pictures so i could sneak in a couple. he was takign pictures next to me, and he was about to move so i took a picture with flash. the security people saw the flash, and the guy had already started moving to the bottom of the aisle. my camera was stowed where they couldn't see, so the guy and the people around us only saw him taking pictures. while the guards were cracking down on the guy, i snapped a couple of incognito pics with my camera sans flash. i'm so evil...

 
At 12/04/2005 9:29 PM, Blogger K. said...

hey, I agree with the wrath of the male actor/dancer/choreogapher/yogi...those guys are dangerous. I hope the knitting progress goes along peachily (!) and that your knitting callous smoothes over a bit (a good manicure always helps and helps to make you feel like a princess hehehehehe). Anyhow, scheduled yoga is quite funny and everyone I've told has said..."why didn't i notice that?" so kudos to your brain :)

I hope your holiday knitting is going well and I hope to hear from you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home