Sunday, November 27, 2005

Bah doo dah doo dah doo dah

I have a magic new FO!!! My MIL bought Davin's brother's soon-to-be-born baby a handknit sweater and needed some booties to match. She also has commissioned a hat, which I have yet to start. Anywho, the good news is the booties are finished and the bad news is the sweater was pure acrylic which means so are the booties. I am beginning to understand yarn-snob ways. Acrylic just doesn't have as much give and makes my hands sore! Anyway, the pattern is the One Hour Baby Booties from SnBN, without the crochet strap across the top. I figure the baby's gonna be a wiggly little boy so it won't stay still long enough to do the strap up.


Sooooo... here's the progress shot on Jenn's Gryffindor scarf ------->


Look! It's flying in the wind!!!


So, I got very little knitting done again this weekend, yay me, but we did get our new truck so next week I might be able to get to the chiropractor and actually be able to make it through the week! Sweeeeet. I have all my final presentations for my classes this week so I won't have a whole lot of time to knit this week, but I've decided to send the baby afghan with Davin's parents when they go down to meet the baby at the end of the month, so that's one less monkey on my back. However, that scarf really needs to grow some. Oh, speaking of scarves, I've had two commissioned for after Christmas! I'm excited about that. A couple of guys in my classes yet. They all see me knitting, but I guess they assume I suck at it like I suck at everything in life and I don't, ya see? Ha. I also picked up the new Knit1 mag. I bought it for the men's projects, but also for the gorgeous giant cowl neck sweater with the 3/4 sleeves... mmmm so easy and so cute! It will be my first sweater. It's a bit annoying how all they use in Knit1 is Lion Brand. To me anyway. Although it means that the real yarn for the project is a lot more easily accessible for me here in Canada than most yarns used in other mags, books, etc. Well, I think I need to go get some more knitting done before bed. Blog at ya l8r. Geez... I'm just plain cheesy.

4 Comments:

At 11/27/2005 11:36 PM, Blogger K. said...

Acrylic does suck...but at least you only had the little booties to knit. Can you imagine knitting a whole sweater out of acrylic...I guess i'm just a yarn-snob...Have a good week and enjoy the chiropractor!

 
At 11/28/2005 7:17 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Did you have too much caffine last night? ;) The booties are so cute. Yeah, once you go "natural" you never go back. I didn't understand the whole "yarn snob" thing until I knit with some nice yarn and then tried to use (gasp) acrylic again - and another yarn snob was born. I'm so impressed that so many projects are being commissioned - you may be on to a little $$ making venture here if you keep it up. Have a great week.

 
At 11/28/2005 12:58 PM, Blogger keohinani said...

yeah, knit1 has cute patterns...i guess the durability (read: washability) of acrylic does have its merits. yarn snobbiness is a hard character flaw to shake, though. the expense isn't enough to deter, either.
great job on the projects so far! i'm sure you'll get everything done.
remember, knitting is supposed to be FUN! YOU ENJOY KNITTING. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A STRESS RELIEVER, not a stress INDUCER. hehe...gotta love the holidays. at least you're not fighting crowds at the mall... take care :)

 
At 11/28/2005 9:09 PM, Blogger candsmom said...

So sorry for the late comment! Your booties are so cute! Even if they're acrylic, I still love them. ;-) And the mom-to-be will definitely appreciate the washability factor. The HP scarf looks great, too! I'm so impressed with all your commissioned projects. I hope you're making a little yarn money off of them. That would be extra sweet, for sure. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home