Sunday, November 20, 2005

Another weekend toasted.

Boooooooo... where are my weekends going??? All I got done was dust my house, vacuum some of it and a teensy tiny little bit of knitting. I have no real progress to show there. Just little bits of growth here and there (Gryffindor scarf, KAL dishcloth, yup that's it all weekend :( ). I did however buy myself a cute little knitting bag as they were on sale at Zellers. I got it for $15, I think that's a pretty good deal. At first I wasn't sure what the little snappy loops on the side were for and then like a lightbulb I realize, "Damn, those would be handy for my yarn to feed through." Brilliant!!! I am now very glad I invested in a real knitting bag instead of just buying a bag for my knitting. Yay me. Drake was also quite impressed with my decision.

Anyway, I was beginning to get excited about doing some knitting for myself (other than a few scarves which are still on the needles) and then, BLAM, someone else close to me is pregnant. So no ME knitting and more baby knitting. I anticipate another set of Uggs booties, another bib, and another afghan at least. Maybe I'll attempt the baby bunting bag this time too. Thank God I bought too much of all the baby yarn and, thus, will not have to buy any more. Ahhhhh... now THAT feels good. Don't get me wrong, I am excited, especially since this person lives in the same city as I do instead of on the other side of the country like Lizzy. I'm just gettin' the baby crazies.

This morning I woke up with a swollen eye. No, nobody had beat me up in the night. Yesterday, Davin was holding Drake up and Drake elbowed me smack in the eye, TWICE. It hurts a lot. See, I am a wimp (read MEGA WIMP SUCKAAAAA) and have never been in a fight, let alone gotten a black eye so this is new turf for me. Needless to say, I have been getting my whine time out of the situation. You betcha ;). And now, I leave you with a picture of my current KAL dishcloth:
And, yes it is gimped, that's not just the picture. It keeps shrinking widthwise as I knit. Also, simply looking at this cloth does not do the pattern justice, it is a pretty complicated one. I just can't seem to see why such a complicated pattern can yield something so normal looking. Oh well, it is just a dishcloth.

6 Comments:

At 11/21/2005 7:22 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Oh, your poor little eye!! You're not a wimp - I'm sure a swollen eye is SO painful. :( I love the knitting bag! The yarn loops are pure genius. $15 seems like an excellent price (don't tell Sweetpea - the bag on my Christmas list is MUCH more expensive). If you can't do ME knitting, I guess baby knitting is the next best thing. Baby knitting is so much fun.

 
At 11/21/2005 8:02 AM, Blogger K. said...

Ouch, bummer about the eye BUT, the knitting bag is adorable and the dishcloth doesn't seem as bad as you say! And about the baby knitting, it's not that bad, you've got a few (9) months ahead of you so you can knit slow...At least its not Christmas knitting (which I'm discovering, is a bitch)!

Take care!

 
At 11/21/2005 4:00 PM, Blogger Michelle D. said...

That bag is fabulous, and I'll be going to check out my local zellers to see what I can scare up. Love the colors of that dishcloth. Take care of that eye, I know how you feel, I had three older brothers. But I gave more black eyes than I received. ;)

 
At 11/21/2005 10:34 PM, Blogger Becky said...

I really like the new bag. This month's dishcloth is a bit challenging, but it's an interesting knit.

It's hard to find enough time to knit at this time of year, isn't it.

 
At 11/22/2005 2:40 PM, Blogger candsmom said...

What a cute knitting bag! I love all the vibrant green. And $15 sounds like a good deal to me! Your dishcloth's looking good, too. Your poor eye- ouch! They really do hurt a lot. My one year old daughter gave me one earlier this year, so I feel for you on getting one from Drake. Our accidental black eyes never get the respect that comes with the ones begotten in a brawl. :-P BTW, thanks for the tip on the brownies! They sound delicious...if you don't mind, I'd love to check out the recipe some time. No rush, though; only when you have time. (You can email me at bitsofknits@yahoo.com) Thanks and take care!

 
At 11/25/2005 6:45 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Hi again, Thanks so much for the nice comments you've left on my blog. I was going to e-mail you, but I don't think I have your e-mail address. I just wanted to say, I feel an education is never wasted. If you want and need to be a stay-at-home mom after you graduate, there is nothing wrong with that. Like you said, keep your options open - school is never a bad thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home